How to move photos to and from your iPad using Dropbox.
Earlier today, I was asked how to get a collection of photos off of an iPad. Thinking I had the answer, I started walking the individual through the process. I soon discovered I did not have the entire process down. I took a couple of minutes to get smarter on the subject, and here is one possible method for transferring images for the iPad native photo app to Dropbox. I also included a process for transferring photos from Dropbox to the iPad. Before I explain these processes, I will explain how to capture a screenshot with the iPad.
Capturing a screenshot with the iPad
There are times when you need to capture an image of something being shown on your iPad, for example, to explain how to transfer photos to and from Dropbox. In order to capture an image, you need to be knowledgeable of two buttons:
The On/Off, Sleep/Wake button: This button is on the top of your iPad, and you use it to put your iPad’s screen to sleep or wake it up.
Home button: No matter what you’re doing, you can press the Home button at any time to display the Home screen on your iPad.
- To capture a screenshot, navigate to the page that you wish to capture.
- Press the On/Off button and hold it down, and then press the Home button. You should see the screen turn white. Immediately, release both buttons. This should all occur within one to two seconds.
- Check the Photo App for your image.
Transfer images from iPad native Photo App to Dropbox
In order to transfer image from the iPad to Dropbox, you must have the completed the following:
Here are the steps to transfer photos from the iPad to Dropbox:
- Check to ensure that you have images in your iPad Photo App.
- Open Dropbox.
- Select the Uploads button at the bottom of the Dropbox list. Note: You may have to authorize iPad to communicate with Dropbox.
- Select the + button at the top of the Dropbox list.
- Choose and upload location at the bottom of the Dropbox list, navigate to the folder that you wish to use. Select Choose.
- Click on the photos that you wish to upload. A red circle with a checkmark should appear in each photo.
- Click on the Upload button in the top right of the Dropbox list.
- Photos should now upload to Dropbox.
Transfer images from Dropbox to the iPad Photo App
Here are the steps to transfer photos to your iPad using Dropbox:
- Open Dropbox, and navigate to the folder with your images.
- Select a photo that you want to transfer.
- Select the send to button in the upper right corner, then select save photo.
- Return to your Dropbox folder to repeat the process.
These are rather easy processes. If you get hung up, let me know and I will clarify more.